We are looking to recruit a 'Senior estimator/Operations Manager' to oversee the delivery of practical Arboricultural operations throughout the business to price new work, deliver outstanding service to new and existing client base and to maintain our excellent health and safety practices throughout our teams.
You will be able to work well independently, understanding the needs of the business to ensure a high standard of service delivery and customer satisfaction. The applicant must have excellent organisational skills that are essential to support the management of the company.
Details on this Amazing opportunity .....
Key responsibilities will include:
• Surveying, costing works and project managing works carrying out site visits to clients to prepare quotations and provide advice and guidance. (specific training in will be given).
• Ensuring quotation deadlines are achieved through prompt attendance to site visit requests.
• Monitoring safety and quality standards in accordance with our Arboricultural Association Approved Contractor Status.
• Occasionally assisting teams in carrying out practical Arboricultural operations to the standards of the AAC Scheme.
• Maintaining records with the assistance from the office
• Staff Induction, Information and training where applicable.
• Effective program planning and deployment of teams
• Ensure daily checks on equipment, vehicles and plant are completed fully and accurately by operational staff and leasing with the Managing Director and contractors where necessary to ensure regular servicing or equipment and plant.
(This job may best suit an individual who is looking for an exit strategy from their existing business or a climbing arborist coming to the end of their climbing career and wants to pursue the other skills acquired throughout their career.)
Preferred skills & qualifications:
• Hold a Full UK driving license.
• Level 3 qualification or equivalent knowledge ability in Arboriculture (Minimum).
• Minimum 5 years working in the industry.
• Hold relevant NPTC training certificates relating to Arboricultural activities.
• Good tree identification skills and disease knowledge.
• Understanding of maintenance and operational requirements for relevant vehicles, plant and machinery
• Current knowledge of industry best practice BS3998(2010)
• Sound written & verbal communication skills
• Effective IT skills including MS Office and Outlook (preferable)
• Aptitude to learn new technology
• A wider understanding of basic ecology & environmental matters
The Person: Essential skills and competencies
• Ability to self-motivate and a strive to deliver excellence.
• Interest in personal development.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Ability to respond professionally to clients, managers and colleagues and communicate at all levels.
• Ability to present information in a clear and precise manner.
• Ability to be flexible with working hours and geographic locations.
• Awareness of Health and Safety.
- Attractive salary* + target led bonus'.
- Plus 28-day holidays inclusive of bank holidays.
- Vehicle will be supplied to travel and carry out operations.
- Work Laptop/iPad will be supplied to assist with working operations.
- Access to company pension scheme.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) to assist with the growth of the individuals needs to grow within the company.
- Additional company benefits to be discussed with candidate at interview stage.
*Dependent on qualifications and experience and career track record.