Arborist Climber / Team leader Urgently Needed
Are you an experienced Arborist Climber with a passion for your profession, who genuinely cares about the quality of their work?
Have you been looking to make a move to a full-time position with excellent career prospects at a dynamic, energetic, and rapidly growing company?
If you’ve answered yes to the above questions…then we’re looking for you right now!
A little about US
Thor’s Trees has become one of London and Hertfordshire’s best-known ARB approved arboricultural firms for one very important reason – we care.
We care about the quality of our workmanship, we care about the customer and the professional way we interact with them and their neighbours. We care about the skills of our team members and supporting their continued development throughout their career. If you’re serious about your career, continuously strive to deliver excellence and your work ethic matches our values then please do read on…
A little about the role
Job Title: Arborist Climber / Team leader
Start date: ASAP
BENEFITS of the role
- Attractive salary with a healthy benefits package
- Target-led bonuses
- 28 days paid holiday a year
- Government pension scheme
- All PPE, equipment, and workwear provided
- Continuous professional development (CPD)
- Overtime prospects
- Work with a fun, passionate, and energised team
A little about YOU
Here is a short list of skills and expertise we either require or would prefer you to have:
- NPTC units CS30, 31, 38 and 39 (REQUIRED)
- A current full driving licence for a manual vehicle pre 1997 or to have C1+E entitlement. (REQUIRED)
- First aid + F qualification (PREFERRED)
- Knowledge of current arboricultural practices, management and maintenance techniques including legislation and guidelines (REQUIRED)
Experience is essential, though we’re flexible on how much if you have the right approach and attitude and if we feel you’ll fit into our team.
- At least 2 years of experience (PREFERRED)
- Team leader experience (PREFERRED)
Skills and abilities
- Carry out all aspects of tree works using the appropriate machinery and equipment, to the current industry standards in accordance with the needs of particular tree species and their associated environments. (REQUIRED)
- Ability to undertake physically demanding work, on the ground, at height within the crown of the tree. (REQUIRED)
- Ability to use, maintain and direct the use of appropriate plant, equipment and machinery i.e. chainsaws, wood chippers and stump grinding equipment, in a safe and competent manner. (REQUIRED)
- Ability to communicate in a clear and polite manner with colleagues and members of the public. (REQUIRED)
- To identify structural defects of trees during the normal course of duties and notify the Director (Lawrence Thor) of such defects. (REQUIRED)
- Ability to maintain accurate records. (REQUIRED)
- Ability to work within and contribute positively to a team. (REQUIRED)
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and decisive manner. (REQUIRED)
- To maintain allocated equipment, e.g. basic hand tools, ropes and harnesses, power tools, personal protective equipment etc. ensuring all safety checks are carried out in accordance with company policy and procedures. Thor’s Trees allows allocated time for all grounds people and climbers to maintain equipment, however, it is also expected that equipment is maintained outside of these allocated maintenance hours i.e. on the job if necessary. (REQUIRED)
- To operate and maintain a brushwood chipper. (REQUIRED)
- To understand work requirements and work to deadlines. (REQUIRED)
- To assist the crew in traffic management and control as and when needed. (REQUIRED)
- To ensure that the mechanical condition and security of vehicles and machinery used in operations is maintained in a safe and secure manner and that any defects, damage or breakdowns are reported promptly. (REQUIRED)
- To work outdoors at all times of the year in all weather conditions. (REQUIRED)
- Any other duties appropriate to the purpose and grade of the post, which may be allocated from time to time. (REQUIRED)
Additional for Duties of Driver
Where the employee is qualified to drive company vehicles and tow company trailers he/she may be required to carry out the following additional duties:
- To drive any Company vehicle in accordance with the relevant legal requirements and Company procedures. (REQUIRED)
- To clean vehicles and plant assigned to you and keep the vehicle in a tidy condition. (REQUIRED)
- To ensure vehicles and plant are prepared ready for out of hours emergencies. (REQUIRED)
- To perform minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles, as necessary. (REQUIRED)
- Ability to undertake basic vehicle checks and to identify maintenance needs. (REQUIRED)
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Good communication and customer service skills, positive attitude, self-motivated and with high attention to detail (REQUIRED)
- Reliable, punctual and well-presented (REQUIRED)
- So, if you’re interested in working for a professional, energetic company, somewhere your efforts will be recognised and rewarded, then contact us today by emailing your CV over to [email protected].
Feel free to call us on 0208 292 8992 or 07590 670 409 to discuss the role further.